Bike Fit in GeneralA proper fit is critical for any and every level of cyclist. Good positioning allows riders to adapt to changes in terrain, cadence, and effort while remaining comfortable. Experienced riders find that a good fit increases efficiency, power, and comfort. Cyclists of all levels reduce the chance of cycling-related injuries, furthering their comfort, enjoyment and love of cycling.
Body Geometry FIT • Be One With Your BikeBody Geometry is the most comprehensive system for connecting the bike and rider in perfect harmony. BG Fit products are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to maximize power, endurance and comfort through a systematic customization of your bike and equipment at all three bicycle contact points.
BG HANDEnhance control with BG gloves, reducing hand numbness and fatigue.
BG SITProviding proper alignment and support, BG saddles can increase blood flow and eliminate unwanted pressure or numbness.
BG FOOTOptimizing power and efficiency, Body Geometry shoes, footbeds and wedges and shims can properly align your hip, knee and ankles.
RETÜL MÜVE SL FIT BIKEWe use our Retül Müve SL Fit Bike, which allows instant to your position and equipment without having to get on-and-off the bike.
Retül Vantage 3D Motion Capture is used to record the riding position in real-time, allowing for a more comprehensive fit, and for precise fit decisions.
The final position is transferred to your bicycle.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW…• FIT is a chargeable service. Fees are based on time, equipment and expertise.
• We have several FIT packages available, depending on your needs. A free consultation will help decide how we can best address your cycling needs.
• New equipment is often needed to complete your FIT. We try our best to work with whatever you already own, however, a new stem, shoes, grips etc. may be required. On a new bicycle, some modifications may be required, adding to the bike’s cost. We can not credit removed parts.
• If you are unable to make your appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours beforehand, as we may need to re-schedule our staff.
• What to bring to your FIT: Bike Shorts, Shoes, Your Bicycle, Jersey, Pedals, Socks, Bike, Gloves
1. PRE-FIT INTERVIEWWhether it is for a novice or experienced cyclist, every fit begins with a brief interview with a trained technician that addresses your individual's injury history, needs and goals
2. FLEXIBILITYThis evaluation gains an accurate picture of your flexibility and other physical attributes, including assessment of foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, shoulder extension, hip flexion.
3. SIDE VIEWAssessed using the side view of you on your bike, the goal here is to deliver a correct neutral position that's both powerful and comfortable through adjustments to seat height, handlebar height, stem length and cleat position.
4. FRONT VIEWAnalysis from frontal view is used to optimise hip, knee and foot alignment for greater performance and balanced power delivery. This Includes analysis of pedal and shoe placement and alignment on the saddle.
5. FOLLOW UPFollow up is included to ensure positive results, the technician calls to discuss the effectiveness of the adjustments and to answer any other questions or concerns the rider may have.